Gear Basics for Day Hiking by Australian Hiker
Gear Basics for Day Hiking eBook Review
Gear Basics for Day Hiking, our first eBook in our collection, provides you with hiking gear basics so you can assess for yourself what gear you may need for the day hikes you’re planning. This guide contains:
- A brief explanation of the key hiking gear systems and why they are important
- Guidance on how to make the best choice for you
- Australian Hiker’s gear checklist
- Information on where to start
- Links to further information
It also provides examples of currently available gear you may want to consider and includes a gear checklist that will help get you on the trail quickly.
Gear Basics for Day Hiking:
- Is an easy to read guide for those starting their day hiking adventures
- Provides a plain English, jargon-free overview of the hiking gear systems that makes it easier for you to choose the right gear for you
- Includes a gear checklist helps you get organise for the big day ahead
- Provides guidance on how to prioritise your gear purchases so you know where to start
- Before we start
- Choices, choices, choices
- Hiking systems – the basics
- Pack system
- Hydration system
- Layering system
- First things first
- Gear basics overview
- Gear checklist
- Gearing up
- A few last words
- Links in this guide
- About Australian Hiker
Who is this eBook For?
- Great for those new to day hiking and those who want to broaden their gear knowledge
- This eBook is not for experienced hikers!
You can purchase Gear Basics for Day Hiking here
We wrote this eBook for those new to hiking so we think its great!