272-52 Hikes Melbourne Guide Books
Previously we’ve interviewed authors Andrew Grune and Evi O on their Sydney based books Day Trip Sydney 52 Nature Adventures, and Dog Trip Sydney 52 Dog Friendly Nature Adventures. These guidebooks provided simple and easy to understand guides to their respective walks all with some very great imagery.
In today’s episode we catch back up with Andrew and Evi about the release of their new Melbourne guidebooks, Day Trip Melbourne 52 Nature Adventures, and Dog Trip Melbourne 52 Dog Friendly Nature Adventures that now cater for Victoria’s capital city.
- Podcast and Episode introduction (time index 0:01:35)
- Introduction to Authors Andrew Gruneand Evi O (time index 0:02:17)
- Before we talk about your newly released book(s) give us a brief introduction to yourselves for those listeners who may be new to what you’re trying to achieve with your guidebooks.
- Your general background
- What’s your hiking resume
- Now let’s talk about your book Day Trip Melbourne 52 Nature Adventures (time index 0:08:37)
- The book title describes very well what this book is about, 52 walking adventures all within 130km of the Melbourne city centre. How did you go about choosing the walks you have included?
- Shortest walk/Longest walk
- I note you have some snow walks showcased in this book. What made you decide to include those?(time index 0:11:34)
- Your previous books have been written for the average person which is not always the case with some guidebooks. Is this still the format with this new book (time index 0:13:29)
- Like your last books the thing that really stood out for me was the use of what can best be described as ‘hero-images’. Was choosing the images a hard process? (time index 0:14:11)
- What are your favourite three hikes out of the 52 listed in this book? (time index 0:16:47)
- Dog Trip Melbourne Book
- (time index 0:19:47)
- What do you look for when choosing walks for dogs?
- 2 walks that the dogs and the people would enjoy
- One final question
- So where to next? Are you taking a break or are you moving on to the next city?(time index 0:27:07)
- Tim and Gill brief wrap up (time index 0:29:54)
- Close (time index 0:38:45)
Listening to the Australian Hiker Podcast
You can listen to just one episode but the best way to listen to the Australian Hiker Podcast is by subscribing through iTunes, Podbean, Stitcher Radio, Spotify where the podcast episodes will be delivered to your device almost as soon as they are published. Go on, you know you want to!
You can listen to the Australian Hiker Podcast in the following ways:
- Through our website. All our episodes can be found here
- On Apple technology listen through Apple Podcasts here
- On Android phones (as well as apple) we recommend Podbean
In addition the are a number of other ‘podcatcher’ services that allow you to download our episodes. Below are a few options where to find us:
Image of authors Evi O and Andrew Grune
Henri the dog, the star of the Dog Trip series
Day Trip Melbourne Book will be available for purchase from 31 October 2023 from all good bookstores
Day Trip Melbourne available for immediate purchase
Dog Trip Melbourne- Available for purchase 31 October 2023
Andrew and Evi Social Website
Australian Hiker can also be found on our various social media platforms
Australian Hiker Facebook
Australian Hiker Instagram
Australian Hiker Twitter
Australian Hiker Pintrest
Australian Hiker Youtube
Australian Hiker is a labour of love for Gill and Tim Savage and any money earned goes straight back into helping to make this blog better. Any support that you provide is greatly appreciated! If you wish to support us, even in some small way, it would be greatly appreciated. So why not buy us a coffee? Support Us